Welcome to The Legends of Talnere's Official Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Legends of Talnere's Official Forum!

Tamora's in your reach!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are moving to Enjin forums for our new map! Be sure to pack your bags and say goodbye.
The New Rules have been posted! READ AND OBEY THEM!!
Our IP is: 68.116.184.126:1385
Think your worthy? Join our Peacekeeper team!
The Advanced RP App, or Evil App has been made! Check it out!
Email has changed! Send your thoughts/questions to talnererp@gmail.com
Added and alt account form to register alternate MC accounts with Tamora!
Not all information can be found on the Forums! Some information can only be obtained IG!

A Guide to The Ancient's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowmind14

A Guide to The Ancient's Empty
PostSubject: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:40 am

( If there are any inaccuracies with the lore please help me keep it cannon to the tamora lore.)

Black Marsh
The one area that Dwarves feared to tread was Black Marsh, due to its "inhabitants", had they ventured in deeper they wound find The Ancient Ones. A small village hidden in a ravine housed these people who were a mix of Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, and shipwrecked humans, who found themselves lost in the marsh, banding together they created a village under the eyes of The Six.

The Six
Tamoras creation Involved Six Gods and Goddess

Jas'Man (Jah-s Mah-n)
Jas'Man is the God of life and death giving balance to the spirits he guides into and out of life. Described by The Ancient Ones as a Dwarf with a pick axe, with one half of the blade diamond and the other wood, would take the life of the old, injured, or deathly ill and guide them to the afterlife. With the coming of new life he would allow spirits to enter their new bodies and live a life until they were ready to join him in the after life.

Bockus (Bah-cuss)
Bockus Is the God of the earth itself, molding and shaping the land filing it's oceans and deserts planting the saplings that became mighty trees. Described as a Human weilding a Gold shovel with a diamond handle with earth brown eyes and hair.

Talma (Tahul-Mah)
Talma, one of the twin gods,is God of the Sun, bringing brightness to the world letting plants take in his light and grow taller to reach up to him. Some describing an orc some describing an elf claimed that the gods golden chest plate shone with the brightness of the sun itself and courage envied by any warrior.

Nivira (Ni-Vi-Rah)
Nivira, one of the twin gods, is Goddess of the moon, letting a soft light bathe the night sky with peaceful tranquility. Said to have flowing white hair and eyes as white as snow she would use her bow to deliver wisdom and magic in scrolls tied to the arrows, her gifts of magic were heavily sought by mages seeking to control the world around them.

Valana (Vah-Lah-Nah)
Valana is the Goddess of the wilds and its creatures. A tall green haired elf with emerald eyes, she crafted the bodies of animals from clay given to her by Bockus, and breathing life into them. Her golden boots allowed her to swiftly move through the forests to see her creations hunt and survive. If she was appeased with a fresh kill of a hunt she would bless the hunters family with good meat and fur.

Thalos (Thal-Los)
Thalos is guardian and God of the Nether. Only seen in an Obsidian cloak or coated head to toe in chain mail armor, he is of unknown race. Whilst the gods and goddesses bickered and fought amongst themselves for who kept control he stayed calm creating compromise between the gods. He is also known as the god of self-sacrifice, Seeing the evils of the undead and the monsters coming from his realm he sealed the nether and its beasts only for those with knowledge of his portals to enter, upon doing so he sealed himself within the nether to keep the beasts in line. Nivira, moved by his sacrafice, asked for a blade to be fashioned for him, a golden double edged blade to represent him, she bore the Nether God a son, whom will be mentioned later, leaving the child there to keep the God company.

The Traitor Son
Born to the God of the Nether by the Moon Goddess Dalvec was an angered child feeling contempt for his father cursed to live along side such hideous monsters. Dalvec plotted for Centuries against his father and soon bound the Nether God once his powers weakened. Using his father as a living portal Dalvec spread across the earth working his way into evrery religion as the darkness of man and to be feared by all. Dalvec stole clay from Bockus shaping minor gods infusing them with sand and stolen souls to serve him in the world while he was still bound to the nether. Dalvec plots to make the world a New Nether.

The Institute
Mages seeking to better themselves trained their abilities with magic in an attempt to please the gods, They agreed that they shall be rewarded with a floating institute that housed the spells and tomes of the gods knowledge. Though lost to day the Mages guild seeks this building, forgetting its origin.

The Fall of the Gods
To be able to be a God, they must have believers. With the races moving to their own religions and ideals the gods were slowly forgotten their powers dwindling away, Dalvec the traitor son had worked himself as a demon of every religion, people believed in fear giving him all the power he needed. The gods continue to watch over their people powerless to do anything against Dalvec.

The Prophet
Duncan Hellscythe, a Halfbreed of an elf and human, was chased from his home during Dyell the IVth hunts, Building a shelter in the Marsh he discovered remains of The Ancient Ones village. Valana had watched this boy grow up in her woods, his parents killed by a mob against the mixing of races, she felt he would be useful and waited for him to grow. Stumbling through the Village of the Ancient Ones the illiterate man found a book, mustering a small portion of the powers they had left they blessed the man with the ability to read their language, that had long died out, with this knowledge came belief, a shrine, and with those came enough power for Valana to descend in the form of a wolf speaking twice to the man. She wanred him of Dalvecs power and their weakness to help him. The second time she appeared she gave him two pieces to aid him. The Blade of Thalos, and the Breeches of Backus. Hoping this man can bring Believers and restore the gods to their power. Upon the second visit Duncan was with a monk named Nelsi who assumed that the Wolf of the Wilds was a fifth god in his Four.

(If smileysullivan53 can add his bit labeled the blade changes hands ill place it here)

Last edited by shadowmind14 on Sun May 27, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
Admin
Admin
Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:14 am

Nice, but I would rename it. People might have some confusion between it and the "original" religion of Tamora, "The Five."

Other than that, nice job, and I'll move this to Lore. That's where it should be.
Back to top Go down
https://tamora.forumotion.com
shadowmind14

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:36 am

Selmion wrote:
Nice, but I would rename it. People might have some confusion between it and the "original" religion of Tamora, "The Five."

Other than that, nice job, and I'll move this to Lore. That's where it should be.
Well i have no idea for a name but thank you for moving it
Back to top Go down
Avantis_Varin
Admin
Admin
Avantis_Varin

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Fantastic! we need more people like you this is great! good job and keep the lore coming! And for a name I have an idea but it may not "fit" well ... "The gods of the hex" as a hexagon has six sides and there are six gods according to your lore
Back to top Go down
shadowmind14

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:24 am

Avantis_Varin wrote:
Fantastic! we need more people like you this is great! good job and keep the lore coming! And for a name I have an idea but it may not "fit" well ... "The gods of the hex" as a hexagon has six sides and there are six gods according to your lore
Yes i thought of hexology or something hex but the word hex would make people think is witchcraft and cursing
Back to top Go down
Avantis_Varin
Admin
Admin
Avantis_Varin

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Hmm yea that is true
Back to top Go down
smileysullivan53
smileysullivan53

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:42 pm

shadowmind14 wrote:
Avantis_Varin wrote:
Yes i thought of hexology or something hex but the word hex would make people think is witchcraft and cursing
What about "The Ancient Six"? Or the "Six of Old"?
Back to top Go down
smileysullivan53
smileysullivan53

PostSubject: The Blade Changes Hands   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

Rilien obtained a gift from his friend Rustle. It was a golden blade with two sides. Rilien took it home and put it in a chest. That night, a vision was shown to Rilien in his sleep. The vision portrayed a golden and purple ball floating in front of his face. The ball tells him that he is related to the ball and that all will be shown when the time comes. Rilien was awoken by a flash of red. When he woke up, he found that he was holding the blade!
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
Admin
Admin
Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 pm

How about simply "The Old Ones?"
Back to top Go down
https://tamora.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to The Ancient's   A Guide to The Ancient's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Guide to The Ancient's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to The Legends of Talnere's Official Forum! :: Tamora :: Lore-
Jump to: