Welcome to The Legends of Talnere's Official Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Legends of Talnere's Official Forum!

Tamora's in your reach!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are moving to Enjin forums for our new map! Be sure to pack your bags and say goodbye.
The New Rules have been posted! READ AND OBEY THEM!!
Our IP is: 68.116.184.126:1385
Think your worthy? Join our Peacekeeper team!
The Advanced RP App, or Evil App has been made! Check it out!
Email has changed! Send your thoughts/questions to talnererp@gmail.com
Added and alt account form to register alternate MC accounts with Tamora!
Not all information can be found on the Forums! Some information can only be obtained IG!

Role-play essentials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Avantis_Varin
Admin
Admin
Avantis_Varin

Role-play essentials Empty
PostSubject: Role-play essentials   Role-play essentials I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 am

Roleplay Essentials is an in-development plugin focused on delivering fun roleplay enhancements to Bukkit. Please note that this is not for a RPG, but for RP. You know what I mean if you know the terms "in character", "meta-gaming" and "power-gaming". These include:

Character Cards
Emotes
Ale
Drinks and Customizable potions with many effects.
Mounting
The Plague
Best of all, no spout dependency!

To-Do
The follow may or may not get added. (Please give me feedback on the following)

/Roll command (Thanks Zeathy)
Customizable racial traits.
Possibly a Roleplay chat system with a customizable radius in which players can hear eachother.
Add more support and control for admins.
Commands and Usage
This plugin comes with a configuration file. You can tweak most everything here. Here are some various commands. To view a Character Card on another player, sneak+right click them. Emotes can be performed with an asterisk, such as "*eats a muffin." will result in "Alectriciti eats a muffin." Ale is a bucket of milk - drink responsibly. Mounting can be done with a saddle.

rp - This will be the Main Menu for admin control. There are a few commands there already.

plague - This displays a few plague related commands.

setname - sets the name on your character card. Also changes nickname, so this may conflict with other plugins.

setage - sets the age on your character card.

setinfo - sets the description on your character card.

addinfo - adds to the description.

setrace - sets the race on your character card. Races can be added or removed in the configuration.

character (or char)

resetchar - resets a player's character card.

listen - listens' to emotes even if they're out of range.

hide - puts you into hiding mode. This will hide your nameplate until you move.

sober - removes all drunken effects.

brew - brews up any drink that's in the drink-names.yml by name.

Permissions
rp.bypass - Allows bypass to all cap restrictions (example, bypasses the /setage limit)
rp.setchar - Allows setting up a character card.
rp.resetchar - Allows resetting yours, or anyone's character card.
rp.listen - Allows the all-knowing ability to listen to emotes with /listen.
rp.sober - Allows quickly sobering up.
rp.brew - Allows brewing!
Drinks
Here's a list of customizable drink effects. Multiple effects can be added to a drink. If you want to give some of my presets a test, just type /brewlist to view the names of current drinks, and type /brew <name> to get the drink! Oh, and if you ever edit the drink-names.yml, simply type /rp reload to instantly get them in-game!

Check out the drink-names_help.txt file in the plugin directory. It's better at explaining this kind of stuff than I am.

PLAGUE - % chance - message
CURE - % chance - message
ALCOHOL - Level of Alcohol
VOMIT - % chance - message
POISON - duration in seconds
FLYING - duration in seconds - message when disabled
STEALTH - duration in seconds - message when disabled
EXPLODE - delay in seconds before explosion - message to be emoted. WARNING:Causes an explosion of radius 4.
CLEAR - % chance of clearing all effects - message if successful
JUMP - duration in seconds - message when stopped
STRENGTH - duration in seconds - message
SLOW - duration in seconds - message
Other Notes
If you have any questions, suggestions, or requests, please make a comment! All feedback is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Eraol Verribu
Eraol Verribu

PostSubject: Re: Role-play essentials   Role-play essentials I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:48 am

[[So would this conflict with the other plugins? Such as, you said the nicks, but like our current chat thing?
Also, how would using certain commands change your stats? Like would elves be fast or something? I am sort of confused at this. confused ]]
Back to top Go down
Avantis_Varin
Admin
Admin
Avantis_Varin

PostSubject: Re: Role-play essentials   Role-play essentials I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:11 am

Valanah 'n Perry wrote:
[[So would this conflict with the other plugins? Such as, you said the nicks, but like our current chat thing?
Also, how would using certain commands change your stats? Like would elves be fast or something? I am sort of confused at this. ]]

It would take the place of certain plugins and add special effects if we so wish ... but it is mainly for setting a race age bio ect so if people shift right click you they can read everything about your character.. we dont want metaing but it actually allows members to see the races of each character as well as adds rolling and fixes the broadcast-ed /me's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role-play essentials   Role-play essentials I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role-play essentials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to The Legends of Talnere's Official Forum! :: Community and Support :: Suggestions-
Jump to: